BLOG 6: CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME



Hello! Thinking about how our curricular program works is quite interesting, since it is not exempt of problems. Although we belong to the University of Chile, which is the best university in the country, that doesn’t mean that everything that takes place in the university is perfect.

My dream was always to enter this university, something that I was able to fulfill and I don’t regret. But I have had enough surprises, both for good and for bad. For example, what surprised me the most was that my career (Odontology) doesn’t have the subject of Mathematics, which according to my point of view is fundamental for any career related to the health area. Well, we have the Physics subject, but I feel that it is not enough.

Our university is a leader in Chile due to its great contribution in scientific research, an aspect that contrasts sharply with the quality of the infrastructure. It's not that our faculty is horrible, in fact, I quite like it, but it's not great either. There is no comfort in the bathrooms, there are chairs in the classrooms that are quite broken, there is always a bathroom that is under maintenance and things like that.

Another aspect that is remarkable is when we must go to the laboratories. In chemistry, for example, when we must carry out experiments, we always must share the instruments, because there are not for everyone and, in fact, some are not even in good condition. This, from my point of view, is both good and bad. Bad because we pay a lot to be in our career to have those kinds of problems. And good because, having to share and live with these types of conditions when working prepares us for the future, if we get to work in public health the conditions are quite similar.

Although the academic load is quite high, you cannot ask for less for the career we are in. What can be improved is the organization between subjects, since teachers think that their subject is the only one we have, and they demand a lot from us.

There are quite a few things that can be improved, but I'm still satisfied, for now, with my career.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog